Thursday, September 19, 2013

How to Search and Post in the New Yahoo Groups

Some people have been confused by the new changes at Yahoo so I have written a guide for posting and searching on the new Yahoo Groups.

There are two ways to post to your group: web or email.

Posting via the web

  1. On your group's main page, click Conversations.
  2. Click New Topic.
  3. Enter your message content.
  4. Click Send.


Are you not seeing the "New Topic" button? There are a number of reason why you won't see it like forgetting to log-in, etc., but the most likely is if you are an "email only" member of the group. This is what happened to me. I get my messages by email but occasionally I post from the Yahoo Groups page. Not anymore. Yahoo foolishly dropped that option. So now you can either post by email (instructions follow) or change your settings at Yahoo.

Posting via email

  1. Open a new email message.
  2. Enter groupname@yahoogroups.com into the "To:" field.
    Note: Replace groupname in the address with the actual group name.
  3. Our Nikitie group address is nikitie@yahoogroups.com
  4. Enter your message content into the email body.
  5. Send your email to submit your post.
Are you getting these emails returned or an error message? Did you register your main email account with Yahoo? I have a "main" Gmail email account and a Yahoo email account so I can use Yahoo Groups. I could not post to a Yahoo Group using my Gmail account until I registered it with Yahoo.



Register another email address with Yahoo

  1. Go to My Yahoo. Click on the gear icon and choose "Account info"
  2. Choose "Update your account information"
  3. Choose "Add email"

Searching the new groups

The search box has been moved from just above the messages to the very top of the page. You can also use Google search to search our group.


No comments:

Post a Comment