Friday, December 18, 2015

Star Gazer

star gazer astrology by clay r pollan

Do you remember this astrology column in the newspaper? You had to match your numbers to the words so you would know what was going to happen to you that day. Mine: Distant affairs hold your attention perhaps vacation planning. The way that you had to work for it, with numbers, made it seem... scientific. Of course I thought it was ridiculous but we read the paper every day and if you saw in the corner of your eye a sad face for your star sign it was hard to ignore. What bad thing will happen to me today?! It was in the Spokane paper for years.

1 comment:

  1. Newsday sent out a reprint copy of a 1947 paper with the Star Gazer. It jogged my memory and I recalled it from my youth. I guess it added a layer of mystery.

    ReplyDelete