Sunday, February 16, 2014

Photoshelter Help



I've been getting really serious about adding to my portfolio at Photoshelter. And I had to draw out what goes where when you add metadata like headline, title, description. I have a Beam website because I want my website to be smart phone compatible. I am pretty happy with it so far. I made a graphic and I am sharing it here. The more people who are successful at Photoshelter the better for me, I figure. Clicking the picture will bring up a larger, more readable size.

The one tip I want to pass on is that you should keep the file extension for the name of your image. I know, it doesn't look that great, but I found out the hard way that if you take it off, when the client downloads the image they will have to re-name it in order to see it and some clients will not know how to do this. Who has time for that?!

If you have any problems at Photoshelter, customer service is great. You may have the first reaction to post on the forums for help but they are not very active and you may feel frustrated with no responses. Just call customer service - they have always been great for me. I've been with Photoshelter since the beginning.

One last thing - If you sign up with Photoshelter would you consider using my referral link? Thank you! Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment