Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Stop Bullying Your Sister

 



My sister has bullied members of our family, including me, her entire life. There is nothing I can do about it but I no longer have to try to keep it a secret to protect my family from the embarrassment. I just don't care to protect her any longer. AND she hides behind fake Christianity, which is really annoying but what can we do? 

How do I cope with my chaotic family? I will be listing my coping mechanisms here. First one is having a cup of tea. This image - the teacup is my Grandma Jean's dish pattern - Virginia Rose. (My Grandpa Oscar was born in Iaeger, West Virginia (WP) originally Virginia of course!)



Belly Breathing with Gyan Mudra is #2


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



#3 is soothing audio - I don't know how to "meditate" I don't know what it means really. BUT I think that listening to waves, trains, rain, I think they can be the same as meditating? I did discover when I adopted my collie Amon, he is not quite right, he is agitated a lot. I discovered that he loves storytime by one particular reader "Thomas." I researched Thomas and he is a real person. I also found out that Amon loves "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and I do too! I can listen to it over and over and still enjoy it. And it calms me down. What I did is subscribed to YouTube premium and that way I can download all these, no commercials,  and then I just hit play to play them when we go to bed.

#4 BIRDS


This started for me when someone said I should see the documentary 

LISTERS: A Glimpse Into Extreme Birdwatching (YT)

Right down my alley of cataloguing everything.

Then of course I got the Merlin app. I thought I had Robins, of course, and the occasional eagle. But I have SO MANY birds. One day I had 35 birds in my yard! I have had a Blue Heron in my yard.

I never really had time to birdwatch! Now I love it. And Robins:

So yes, there are Robins in my yard and it has just occurred to me that even though I have had to move over 25 times in my life - THERE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ROBINS IN MY YARD. I think they must be some kind of spirit animal for me, protecting me. I collect robin's eggs I find and Robin's Egg Blue is one of my favorite colors. (WP)


I have heard Paul McCartney sing Blackbird IRL twice in my life (once with my sister!). I love that song. Here is a great recording (YT).

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night
Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Before the Merlin app - I had an owl in my backyard and I figured out what bird it was by listening to a whole bunch of owl calls - I think it is called the Cornell site. I found out we had a Saw-whet owl! I couldn't see it but I found out it is scientifically classified as the cutest owl. Here is a photo by Kameron Perensovich



No comments:

Post a Comment